Did you know we’re taking part in Disabled Access Day this weekend? This fantastic event - extended to three days this year because of its popularity - celebrates good access for people with additional needs and we’re proud to be among the organisations involved.
We welcome visitors with additional needs and their carers all year round, but this weekend we’re offering a very special tour and rewarding carers for the excellent hard work they do every day.
For Disabled Access Day, Friday 10 to Sunday 12 March - we’re providing:
- Carers go free - this applies all year too!
- Free audio guides for the attraction
- Free parking while visiting the attraction - for carers and registered disabled (subject to availability)
- Free hot drink for carers in our Food Chain Cafe
- Launch of our brand new transcript and sensory accessibility map for the tour
- 20% discount in the gift shop for carers and registered disabled
- A chance to trial our brand new fidget bags
Disabled Access Day began in 2015 to highlight good access, and to create opportunities for people to try something new. The day celebrates all the venues that have fantastic access - such as touch tours, sensory experiences, level access and of course a warm welcome.
Disabled Access Day is sponsored by Euan’s Guide, a listing and review site that helps disabled people and their friends and family find venues that are accessible.
There are some really interesting findings in the access survey, too, which you can read here.
We look forward to welcoming you this weekend - and every day! If we can assist you in any way or you have accessibility questions, please contact our team.
Please share your stories this weekend by tweeting us @ourdynamicearth and using the hashtag #accessday